I had a great time in San Francisco at SPTechCon. I love how different conferences attract different audiences. I hope I provided the help you were seeking with my two sessions.
Solving Enterprise Search Challenges with SharePoint 2010
The goal here was to provide an overview of SharePoint Search as a solution to business problems.
- Search configuration overview
- Presenting Global Links to File Shares
- Rendering metadata in search results
- Creating a 360 degree view of your line-of-business data
- Creating actionable search results
This class is primarily for IT Pros, but can be for developers that want to know what can be done with Search out of the box. Here is the deck.
SharePoint Search Center Configuration
In this session I demonstrated how to achieve the different User Interfaces that I have been talking about. I also covered what is new and very cool about SharePoint 2013 Search UI and Query Rules.
- Search Center Branding for SharePoint 2010
- Changing the Search Center Look and Feel
- Presenting Actionable BCS Results
- Highlighting Specific Content
- Changes for SharePoint 2013 Search Results
This one was more for the devs and UI folks in the room. Here is the deck.